Do I qualify for free tutoring?
You may qualify for free tutoring if you fall under one or more of the following criteria:
– You receive Medicaid benefits, SNAP, or CHIP.
– Your child receives free lunch at school.
– Your overall household annual income is $40,000 or less and you are a family of 4 or more.
– You are single parent and make $30,000 or less annually.
Contact us at 712-746-7448 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your qualifications. Please note that you will be asked to provide proof of qualification.
We will meet with the parent(s) and student(s) to assess their needs based on lifestyle, mindset, academics, and abilities.
Evaluations vary for each individual. We will start with an informal evaluation that will include meeting the child together with his/her family,. This may involve filling out questionnaires, going through their school work, and day to day interactions with the child.
If determined necessary, a formal assessment will be purchased and administered.
After reviewing the information gathered, our staff will be able to plan educational activities and determine the child’s style of learning at a level that they can understand and ultimately learn from.
We believe the following tools are key to successful learning and development:
– Proper educational materials for each student.
– Personal guidance and coping techniques for the classroom environment.
– Parental coaching for at home strategies.
– Practice exams for college entrance (please note the Maldonado Foundation does not provide SAT prep).
Watch this space.